Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 30, 2024

When the Lord Is Your Song

 January 31, 2024

Wednesday

Psalm 118:14 (NASB 2020) 14 The Lord is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation.

The Lord is my strength. This is an oft repeated statement in the Bible. I need to hear it because I start living as if I have the strength. From the earliest age I can remember, I have been claiming to do things all by myself. I can do insignificant things without the Lord’s strength. Others can do some amazing things without the Lord’s strength. No one can do the most godly things without the Lord’s strength.

John 15:5 (NASB 2020) 5 I am the vine, you are the branches; the one who remains in Me, and I in him bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing.

Jesus said I could do nothing apart from Him. I believe Him. Trying to do things apart from Him wears me out. It is like lifting a car without a jack. It may be possible but you can do nothing to the car while you are holding it. Why would I do so? Why would I try? I need the jack to be my strength to hold up the car. I need the Lord to be my strength.

The Psalmist says that the Lord is my song. Songs evoke emotions. Some songs are just fun. Some songs make us laugh. I remember praying about giving to the Lord’s cause for a special offering. My wife and I both came up with the same number. Since we give more than a tithe anyway, this was simply a gift for the Lord’s purpose. The amount my wife and I came up with was $500. We didn’t really know how we could replace that money but we felt that obedience was a part of knowing that God will provide. Maybe two weeks later we received $5000 that we weren’t expecting. I laughed and laughed. It was like a song had been sung I was so happy in singing it. I believe this closely resembles what the Psalmist was saying when he said the Lord is my song.

Of course, the Lord is my salvation. He came for me years ago and I gave my life to Him. He became my salvation that day. He is my salvation today. He will be my salvation tomorrow. I can depend upon this throughout eternity.

Now, I am ready to follow the Lord today. He is my strength and song. He is my salvation.


No comments: