Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 3, 2024

God Knows What We Need

 January 4, 2024

Thursday

Matthew 6: 7-8 (NASB 2020) 7 “And when you are praying, do not use thoughtless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard because of their many words. 8 So do not be like them; for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him.”

We all pray but some think their praying will be enhanced by the words they use. I have heard many people pray using King James English. That is fine if that is how they learned to pray but it isn’t fine if they think this will cause God to give them what they want.

Because I have fasted for extended periods, people have acted as if God was obligated to give me what I asked. There is nothing I can do to make God give me what He doesn’t want for me. I fast because I humble myself before Him readily accepting what He has for me.

Honestly, do we believe that we know more than God does when it comes to our needs? Do we believe we are informing God of our needs? No, we are seeking to agree with God in our needs when we bring our needs to Him. 

We sometimes forget that God loves us. He loved us so much that His own Son was not too high a price to redeem us.

We sometimes forget that God knows exactly what is going on in our lives. He knows what we need before we know what we need. He keeps His attention on us out of His love.

We sometimes forget that God has the knowledge to know more than we know. Our cries to Him bring us closer. He wants us to walk with Him. He wants us to understand how much He loves us.

We sometimes forget that God has the power to give us exactly what we need. What we receive from Him is what we need.

Yes, we cry out to Him. Yes, we continue to petition Him. But we never should think that we can make Him give us less than what He has for us. This is how we should pray: “Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.”

No comments: