Search This Blog

Saturday, January 6, 2024

See You in Church!

 January 7, 2024

Sunday

Hebrews 10:24 (NASB 2020) 24 and let’s consider how to encourage one another in love and good deeds, 25 not abandoning our own meeting together, as is the habit of some people, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.

None of us go to perfect churches. To say that we don’t go to any church because we haven’t found one to our suiting sets us up over the Church. We make ourselves the judge over the church and therefore the judge over God’s people. These people are the church and they aren’t perfect.

Church should be a people who meet at certain places and at certain times whom we know, become friends with and can encourage each other to love and good deeds. You simply can’t do this effectively without meeting together.

Church should be a people who encourage us, as well. They must know us to know we need encouragement. We must meet with them so they will know us.

The tendency to stop attending church is present in all of us. We may feel bad about this if we only miss one week but it is hardly on our minds when we miss a year. We must guard ourselves in our church attendance. We don’t want to become Easter and Christmas Christians. 

I don’t know of a better place to be than in church on Sundays. These are my friends. They will correct me sometimes when I am out of line. They will encourage me when I am down. They will share with me their own testimonies of how God sustained them when they were down. They urge me to take responsibilities for my actions. They give me a place of service. They teach me the word of God. They help me in my walk with Him. I become a mature believer because of the interaction with these believers at my church.

So, this is Sunday. See you in church!

No comments: