Search This Blog

Friday, January 26, 2024

What Will You Receive at the Judgement Seat of Christ?

 January 27, 2024

Saturday

2 Corinthians 5:10 (NASB 2020) 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive compensation for his deeds done through the body, in accordance with what he has done, whether good or bad.

Many people think that trusting in Jesus for salvation is all there is to it. If you want to be faithful and keep His commands, that’s fine but it will make no difference in heaven. This is wrong! There are rewards that we could have if we are faithful that will go with us into eternity.

Now, I know it seems so self-serving to think that I am working for the rewards I have in heaven. I am not working for salvation but something awarded to me when I get there. I suppose if that was all I was doing, I would be looking at the apparent success or failure I am having on earth. I could congratulate myself with each person baptized. I could hold my head above others for greater and greater attendance. The problem is that I would not be serving the Lord but myself. Serving myself receives all the rewards on earth.

Faithfulness is a very private matter. It is between yourself and the Lord. It may not receive any accolades from those on earth. It might not be noticed by anyone on earth. Faithfulness may be found in witnessing to a person who will never give his life to the Lord. It may be found in preaching messages that cause no one to change their lives. It may be found in giving so that no one knows who gave.

Yet, just as the Lord noticed the widow who gave two cents, the Lord notices the faithfulness of those who do what He says. He notices forgiving those who have been vicious in their attacks on you. He notices the prayers that shed tears for others. He notices love given to those who are opposed to being loved. He notices the kindness given to the poor person who could never repay.

All believers will stand before Christ’s judgement seat. Some will get to heaven with the smell of smoke on them. Some will have a glorious entrance. Faithfulness on earth will be remembered in heaven. 

So, we listen and do without fanfare to see our rewards in heaven. 

No comments: