Search This Blog

Monday, January 29, 2024

God's Mercy Never Ends

 January 30, 2024

Tuesday

Lamentations 3:22–23 (NASB 2020) 22 The Lord’s acts of mercy indeed do not end, For His compassions do not fail. 23 They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness.

Lamentations is not a book I often read. To tell you the truth, it is depressing. So much of the book is exactly what the name implies-lamenting. However, I get it. Sometimes it is good to lament why you are in your present circumstances. Many times we need to say, “I have no one to blame but myself.”

But coupled with our lament I need to remember God’s mercy and compassion. Even in my deepest pit I have God’s presence when I reach out for Him. I have His love when I remember my salvation. I have His provision when I breath. 

There is no end to His mercy. If I were stand before Him as He judged me, I would be found guilty. My sins would ever prove that I earned eternal death. Yet, because of the blood of Jesus, I have eternal life. I will be guilty but will not know His wrath because Jesus paid that price for me. I will be declared forgiven then as I am declared forgiven now. I know that daily.

God’s compassion toward me never fail. His love never ends. His work on me never ends. His taking me through whatever I am going through never ends. Yet, I have done nothing that He couldn’t have done Himself. I have not earned this compassion any more than I earned my salvation.

God’s mercy and compassion are new every morning. I don’t have yesterday’s left over mercy and compassion. I don’t get tomorrow’s mercy and compassion because I don’t need it yet. I get mercy and compassion for today. It is present with me right now.

Knowing that God has given me new mercy and compassion today reminds me that He has not forgotten me. He is working to bring me closer to Himself with each moments. I may not see Him doing so. I may not feel that He is with me. Neither of these make a difference. He is doing this. I know because His mercy and compassion are new everyday. Truly He is faithful.


No comments: