Search This Blog

Monday, May 11, 2009

When the Bullied Become Bullies

I don't watch beauty pageants. They just don't interest me. It is odd when one grabs my attention. The recent pageant in which Miss North Carolina won did just that. It was a pageant in which everyone knows who was first runner up and hardly anyone remembers the winner.

Miss California was asked if she believed that same sex marriages should the norm across the nation. She said she believed that marriage should be between a man and woman. This answer lost her the crown and brought the ire of the homosexual community. Now, they are considering removing her first runner up place because she had broken some of the rules of the pageant.

I must admit I don't understand the rules. I don't see what you have done in the past has to do with what you are doing now. The problem I see is that this young lady is being bullied by those who don't like her freedom of speech.

Homosexuals were bullied for years. They were beaten and taken advantage of in many ways. This was wrong.

That doesn't mean I don't think homosexuality is a sin. I do. But I also think bullying other people is a sin. I should respect them as people but not agree with their lifestyle. Jesus died for everyone- not just the heterosexuals. His sacrifice covers all of our sins.

Yet, it seems that every bullied group eventually becomes the bullies. They scream for equal rights but really want domination. So, they attack when someone challenges their dominant status. This was the reaction we saw from Miss California's answer.

First came a video blog which reflected the character of the one who asked her the question. He called her names and acted childish. He acted like a bully and used his blog as a bully pulpit to beat the young lady.

Now comes the research into her past. They want to take her off of the scene. They don't want to give her a voice. They want her crushed under criticism.

Actually, I am not against taking away her crown if she clearly broke the rules and that would be the regular penalty for breaking these rules. I am against people bullying others. It appears that this is the case from someone looking in from the outside.

Bullying is wrong no matter who is doing it.

198.5

No comments: