Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

How Valuable Are You?

I had a guy once tell me that he wasn't worth anything. He was saying this because he realized that he had done horrible things in his life. I told him that he couldn't be farther from the truth.

We are all extremely valuable. God gave His only Son for us. Jesus didn't die for trash. He died for those whom He loves. That should tell us something about the way God looks at us.

God sees someone whom Jesus died for when He looks at every one of us. It doesn't matter if we are Christians or not. God loves us anyway.

That doesn't mean everyone goes to heaven. Only those who believe in Him have eternal life- meaning a life with God forever. God forgives our sins based on our belief in Him- not on our goodness but on our faith.

I pray differently because I know God loves me. He loves me so much that He will not withhold any good thing from me. However, He defines what is good for me just as I would define what was good for my own children at one time. I didn't let them eat M&Ms all day long and forget their vegetables. It may have been what they thought was good but it wasn't really good for them. God gives me whatever is good for me.

I have hope because I know that God loves me. Nothing can come into my life without God's knowledge. His knowing means that He already has a solution for my problems. I have hope in His solution.

I have forgiveness because I know that God will always love me. I can't do anything that will take away God's forgiveness from me. He has me in His hand by the faith He gave me. He will never let me slip out. He forgives me because of His love.

I know that I will be with Him in heaven because He loves me. God will never break His promise of taking me to heaven for I believe Him and I believe in Him.

God's love make us valuable. How valuable are you? You are as valuable as the love God has for you. Who can measure that?

No comments: