Search This Blog

Saturday, August 15, 2009

God Knows My Name

God existed before anything else. He existed before the universe. He existed before time. Yet, He knew me before anything was created. I didn't occur to Him one day. I always existed in His mind.

Yes, billions of others also existed in His mind. He knew all about us. He knew our conception days and the days we would breathe our last. He knew every sin before any were committed. He knew every word of encouragement we would need, receive and give to others. He knew what it would take for us to come to Him. He knew which ones of us who would never come to Him.

God worked on me. He reached toward me over 2000 years ago when He sent His Son to die. He chose people to write, witness and die to keep the good news that would be necessary for me to know Him. He put me in circumstances in which I would respond as He knew I would so I would come to Him. He took the good and the bad and fashioned His will for me. He gave me His very best.

Yes, He worked on billions of others, too. I suppose I could never think of Him as truly loving if I thought I was the only one He cared for. Yet, I never ceased to be amazed that the God of the universe would know my name.

Sometimes I have to remember this when things don't go as well as I would like. Sometimes it seems that everything is going wrong. Sometimes I forget that He is always working for my best. That's right-- He is always working for my best. He does so because He loves me.

God doesn't love me any more than He loves you. He knows your name. He is always working for your best. Pass it on.

No comments: