Search This Blog

Thursday, June 6, 2024

Watch for What the Lord Is Doing

 June 7, 2024

Friday

What does God have for you today? He is working right now to bring you closer to Himself. He is using what He will do with you rather than what you will do for Him. He may allow you to go through trouble so that you will call out. He may call you to act in ways that you don't think you have abilities in so that you will depend upon Him. He may call you to accept something by faith that others will call you foolish for believing. Any of these can bring you closer to Him. 

So, what do you do?

Psalm 5:3 (NASB 2020) 3 In the morning, Lord, You will hear my voice; In the morning I will present my prayer to You and be on the watch.

Pray. I know you have heard me say that people need to be in God's word every day. They do. However, I want you to know that prayer may be the missing element in your time in God's word. What if God has something in His word today that you could not accept because of what you have always believed, been taught or just can't see as true. You would absolutely need the Holy Spirit to convict you of this. You would need to have a heart of expectancy that God was speaking rather than culture, friends, history or just your flesh. Prayer so often prepares us to watch and see God.

Prayer helps us open our eyes. It is prayer that brings our hearts to listen. It is prayer that should look for His actions to see that the prayer has been answered.

Prayer should not be something we do just to say we have done it. Prayer should depend upon God to act. Even if God says "no" to our prayers, He has acted. It is exciting to see God act. It is exciting to see prayers answered.

Why are so many prayer meetings about nothing but the sick? I wonder. Do we think this is something safe? In other words, we can pray this prayer and when the people either get well or not we don't need to say anything but, God chose to or God chose not to. There is no investment in praying for the sick unless it is somebody that we desperately need to get well. But when we pray for something that can be seen like a job or finances for something there is a definite answer that we look for.

There have been a couple of times that I have prayed for people who couldn't have a child. I anointed them with oil and prayed over both of them. Then, I watched to see if they had a child. There was some trepidation in this prayer. I was afraid these people would think that I had some power to cause what they couldn't see for themselves. I don't. I am not special in this. But when the children were born, I rejoiced with the couple. Why can't all my prayers be like that? Why can't I watch all the time?

I can. You can, too. Just think. God is working and letting you know what He is doing when you pray.

Today's a good day to start with prayer.


No comments: