Search This Blog

Friday, December 25, 2009

Can't Steal My Joy Today

Merry Christmas!

Yesterday I found a trojan virus on my desktop computer. I ran the virus protection software and the virus was quarantined. I thought I had gotten rid of it. It, however, left a little program on the computer to download the thing again. I turned off the computer the moment that I discovered it. I put the computer in safe mode, turned off system restore and started running another scan. 

I'll admit that I was angry when I realized that a piece of the virus was still on the computer. I was a little angry because of the virus but I was really angry at a culture that supports malicious activity. When was the last time you heard someone chastised in a movie because he wrote a virus that shut down all the computers on the west coast? Each movie praises the guy for doing something so clever. I believe these guys should be arrested and put in jail. They should be forbidden to touch another computer. They should not get jobs in security firms showing how to stop computer viruses. That would be like making murderers those who will catch other murderers. The logic is flawed. I do not think we should continue to praise children when they act maliciously. I think they should be punished.

However, I soon remembered that this is Christmas, picked up my laptop and started this blog. I remembered that Christ came to live with me in this world and take me to His own. I remembered that I am never hopeless. I remembered that the things on this earth are just things we work with. They are not eternal. They will not go with us when we die. (I also remembered that I am buying a Mac very soon and will not have to deal with these viruses again!)

My joy can't be stolen unless I allow someone to steal it. It is mine to keep or mine to lose. It is the joy that Christ has placed within me that will last. 

Yes, this is Christmas and I decided that nothing can steal my joy today.

James 1:2-3 (NIV)
 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds,  because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was extremely interesting for me to read that blog. Thanx for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Avril Swenson