Search This Blog

Friday, August 16, 2024

Who Offers the Invitation?

 August 17, 2024

Saturday

Each week I offer an invitation at the end of the worship service. I tell the people that they need to respond to what God is telling them to do. I can't help but believe that many of them are thinking that I am the one asking them to come to Christ, get baptized or join the church. They have gotten accustomed to standing there for a few minutes or simply leave before others can block them from the doors. The moment passes them by.

Each message should come from God. Each message should challenge people in their walks with the Lord. Each time people need to make decisions. Not all of them need to be as visible as coming down the aisle but each one should elicit a commitment. Unfortunately, some are assuming that the messages are not for them. These messages are for the sinners.

I don't chastise people for gripping the back of the seats in front of them during the invitation. I don't even try to prolong the time so that people can be coerced down the aisles. It isn't my invitation. I know there are ways to manipulate people but I never use them. God doesn't manipulate people. I am merely His servant.

I wish people would realize who is offering the invitation. Maybe they would respond then.

John 4:10 (NASB 2020) 10 Jesus replied to her, “If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who is saying to you, ‘Give Me a drink,’ you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water.”


No comments: