Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Not Worried about the Election

 August 14, 2024

Wednesday

I am so tired of political ads that I wish I could sleep until after the election. I can't stand the rhetoric between the political parties. I can't stand the fear mongering, the warnings of existential threat, the comparisons to historical evils and the relentless negative statements. I have gotten to the point where I won't watch the news because each station is so biased that none of them are giving the whole truth. I am so tired of people thinking that they can put their trust in human beings to make everything alright. 

I am sure of some things. God is not concerned whether the world will go haywire no matter who wins the election. He remains in control regardless of the outcome. Jesus will still be the only means of salvation whether a Republican or Democrat occupies the White House. The Bible is and still will be the Word of God. It will be just as true and effective as it was before the election. The Holy Spirit will continue to inhabit believers and lead them to the truth only known by those who possess Him. Jesus will still be coming back if He doesn't come back before the election. Heaven is still the eternal place made for God and those who follow Him. God's love is not going to abandon us after the election. Making disciples will still be the church's main mission. Loving God and each other will still be the two greatest commandments.

These things are not a comprehensive list of things that will go on after the election. They are the things that simply come to mind. These are the things that give me calm while "the sky is falling" is screamed on the streets.

How do those who don't know Jesus handle this? I suppose they believe that they have the power in their hands to make everything exactly how they want it. Maybe they are finally realizing that they can't. Maybe that's why there is so much anxiety over this election. 

O, and there is one more thing that gives me confidence in the future: 

Romans 8:37-39 (ESV) 37  No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38  For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39  nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. 

No comments: