Search This Blog

Monday, July 12, 2010

Questions While I Wait on God

Where is God when you desperately need Him? Where is He when you are all alone with your problem and there is no help in sight? Where is He when you can't do without a miracle? When your whole existence will be maliciously altered if He doesn't arrive?

We do our best to call to Him when we need Him the most. We cry, we fast, we give, we serve, we stay up at night praying and we beg. These are the desperate times in our lives. These are the times when we must have a job or a healing or a provision by God to get us through this crucial time in our lives.

Sometimes, regardless of all our efforts, God is silent. He says nothing. He makes no promises. He does not tell us what He is about to do. There is no indication that He is about to do anything. Is He on a far away journey? Is He unconcerned? Is He aware of the impending disaster? These questions run through our minds.

Should I expect Him to come to my rescue? Does He expect me to rescue myself? What if I have nothing I can do? What if I just want to know what I should do? I am willing. Just let me know and I'll do it. Here we are searching but still not finding Him.

How long should I wait until I give up? Can I accept God's absence? Will my faith remain through His silence? Should I accept what is happening as fate?

Is it because I don't have enough faith? Is God testing my faith? Do I need to tell myself to believe? Do I need to ask for more faith? Is faith a silly thing to have when no one shows up?

How do I give my problem to God when I can't seem to think of anything else? Am I just weak?

In the end, God always shows Himself. Sometimes He allows the disaster and carries me through it. Sometimes He simply rescues me.

I was worried but God was never hurried.

Psalm 46:10 (NIV)
10 "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

No comments: