Search This Blog

Thursday, July 15, 2010

It's Not Over Yet!

Joseph is in prison. His brothers have sold him into slavery. His master's wife has accused him of rape. His fellow prisoners have forgotten him. I know the whole story. I would have liked to have told him, "It's not over yet!"

Mary and Martha are crying their eyes out. They had sent for Jesus when their brother, Lazarus had gotten deathly ill but Jesus hadn't arrived in time. Their brother died. They put him in the tomb. It has been four days. Surely nothing good can happen now. I would have liked to have told them, "It's not over yet!"

The women who followed Jesus have heard Him say, "It is finished!" He has breathed His last. All that He has said makes no sense now. Life itself makes no sense. I would have liked to have told them, "It's not over yet!"

How many times have you been in despair for the moment because the moment is all that you could see? How many times did you think that it was over when it really wasn't?

This moment is not the end. God has not thrown in the towel. You shouldn't either. So what if the stock market crashes and the housing industry takes a double dip?  As long as God is on His throne, it's not over. He still speaks and acts. He still removes the word "impossible" from our vocabularies.

It's funny. This morning I got up and acted like God had been removed from His throne. This afternoon I know I was wrong. I forgot what I would like to tell so many others.

It's not over yet!

Revelation 4:2 (NIV)
2  At once I was in the Spirit, and there before me was a throne in heaven with someone sitting on it.

3 comments:

ynoyes said...

Thank you for this timely message! It's not over yet!!!!

Namratha Saldanha said...

Thank you for this - Gives us hope to look foward & gives many HOPE to dream of what is yet to come.

Its not over yet!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

A friend directed me to this short message. Thank God for real friends.

/r

Q