Search This Blog

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Maybe They Don't Know Its Jesus

Many people who are obviously under conviction fail to do anything about it. They know they have a boatload of guilt. They would love to have forgiveness. They have come to the point where they can't stand what they have done. They, often, make themselves and others promises that they will stop doing what they have done. They make a commitment to others. They don't understand that their conviction is coming from the Lord. Therefore, they deal with it with human understanding and human strength.

I have seen many people who were obviously under this conviction walk out of my church. I have seen them cry during the service. They are full of anguish and still do not know what to do about it. My words of trusting in Jesus seem to make no sense to them. They cannot understand how giving themselves to Him will help what they have done.

There are just as many Christians who justify their sins. They participate in the same things as non-Christians and pretend it is okay. They know something isn't right. They know their walk with the Lord is not what it was.
I wonder if they know it is the Lord who is speaking to them. I wonder if they know it is He who knows exactly what they have done. I wonder if they think He doesn't have a clue what they are doing.

Do you know who it is when you are under conviction? I call it "red letter" conviction.

Acts 9:3-5 (NIV)
3 As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. 4 He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?" 5 "Who are you, Lord?" Saul asked. "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting," he replied.

No comments: