Search This Blog

Saturday, March 16, 2024

Let the Living Water Flow through You Today

March 17, 2024

Sunday

Some people come to church with a bad attitude. They complain about everything. They don't like the temperature, the music, the way the preacher is dressed, and I could go on. I would say that a hot desert wind blows through them on all they come in contact with.

What can I say about them? They can't be walking with the Lord. 

Now, I know this is not you who are reading this because this is not what these gripers are going to read. You are seeking to walk with the Lord. You are praying that you can be used of God to do something so that you will walk even closer to the Lord. You bring life into the church. You invite life to come in. You give it to others because it flows out of you.

In one of the churches I served was a lady who blessed everyone she met no matter her circumstances. She was in the hospital for pneumonia and brightening up the hospital. The nurses all wanted to come by her room-even those who weren't assigned to her. She got the best care because she lifted up everyone who came to the room. Where would she spend eternity? While I am not the final say on this, the evidence is that she will spend eternity with the Lord.

On the other hand, I was asked to do a funeral for a lady who had no church several years ago. This lady's neighbors had the funeral home contact me. I did not know the lady but agreed to do the service. They did not want a chapel service, just a graveside. The cemetery was huge so I went early to make sure I could find the grave site. The neighbors came early too. I had never met them so I thanked them for having this service because the lady had no relatives alive and nothing would have been done if not for them.

They told me, "Look, we are only doing this because we promised her husband we would do it before he died. She hated everyone. She hated all her neighbors. None of them wanted to have anything to do with her. We didn't like her either. No one else is coming. So, why don't you just get this thing over with!"

It appeared that nothing but death flowed out of this lady's life. She lived in hell before she left this earth. She gave hell to all who came in contact with her. I am not the judge to determine where she will spend eternity but the evidence is not good.

Are those people who come to church grumpy going to heaven? I don't know. The evidence isn't in their favor. For those who know the Lord have living water flowing from their innermost being. 

That's you!

John 7:38 (NASB 2020) 38 The one who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, ‘From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.’ ”

No comments: