Search This Blog

Monday, March 18, 2024

I Fell Down Again

 March 19, 2024

Tuesday

Sometimes things are going great. You are walking with the Lord. You experience His joy. You have confidence before Him. Then, you wake up one day and allow the worries of the day crowd out your quiet time. You have very little thought of Him. Before the day is out, your old flesh begins to act. You realize that if you are going have victory over this flesh, it will be one day at a time.

It seems that in the works of the flesh, I still have a door. When I am stressed, I still act in the flesh. That weak spot or door to my flesh is found in fits of anger. I can get angry very quickly and express it so that I leave no doubt what it is. It's amazing how small the things are that make me angry. I am sure that the other works of the flesh would enter if I wasn't so convicted by my fits of anger.

Unfortunately, I leave the door open by neglecting my time with the Lord. It didn't matter that this morning I had a long must-do list. It was more important that I had this quiet time. It was more important that I guard my heart because when walking in the works of the flesh there is more where that came from.

Paul says that those who belong to Christ have crucified the flesh. Why does my flesh still live? It is crucified in the sense that it has no power over me. It is crucified in the sense that I am no longer under its curse of condemnation. But the stench of the flesh still resides in me. The works of the flesh are not what I want to do but they are what I do when I neglect my time with God.

Thus, today, I get up from my fall. It hurts. I want to remember the hurt so that I will take extra care in making sure that I don't fall again. I have confessed. I have repented. I am cleansed from all unrighteousness. I am still His.

However, you didn't do what I did. You read this blog. You know who your Lord is. You have guarded your heart. God bless you for following the Lord, today.

Galatians 5:24 (NASB 2020) 24 Now those who belong to Christ Jesus crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

No comments: