Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 27, 2024

God Shows Up Unexpectedly

 February 28, 2024

Wednesday 

Many years ago, I went to the hospital to pray for a child who had an inoperable brain tumor. After praying and waiting to hear of the biopsy the surgeon was doing, the father came out obviously stunned. He said, "The surgeon says he got it all."

"What does that mean?" I replied.

The dad said again, "He got it all."

I was confused so I asked for clarification, "I thought this was just a biopsy."

"It was," the dad said hesitatingly.

"So, what part of inoperable do I not understand?" was my question. "Isn't this a good thing?"

The dad looked up and finally smiled, "I can think of nothing better."

We didn't expect God to show up but He did.

Now a man was there who had been ill for thirty-eight years. Jesus, upon seeing this man lying there and knowing that he had already been in that condition for a long time, said to him, “Do you want to get well?” The sick man answered Him, “Sir, I have no man to put me into the pool when the water is stirred up, but while I am coming, another steps down before me.” Jesus said to him, “Get up, pick up your pallet and walk.” Immediately the man became well, and picked up his pallet and began to walk. Now it was a Sabbath on that day.” (John 5:5–9, NASB 2020)

Thirty-eight years is a long time to wait. Maybe the man had given up hope. Yet, Jesus showed up and healed him. It was unexpected.

Maybe you have waited a long time for the Lord to do something. Maybe today is that day. I can't say if it is or not but I know that most of the things the Lord has done for me and those around me came unexpectedly.

Keep looking for Jesus and you will find Him. Keep seeking Him and see how He shows up unexpectedly.

No comments: