Search This Blog

Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Glory of Jesus Christ

Hebrews 1:3 (NIV)
3 The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

I started playing the guitar while I was in college. I thought that I was good enough to write songs. They were pretty close to terrible. If guitars could be shamed, mine was humiliated. I continue to play the guitar to this day. I am slightly better than I was in college. This is not humility. It is exact truth.

The instrument can have someone with talent who practices diligently make music that caresses the ears. A master can touch the hearts of the hearers. He or she can capture beauty and release it through the instrument.

I think of Jesus being like that music that flows from the Father. There are no flaws, no missed notes, just the beauty of the music. It fills the air, the room and the hearts of those who listen.

This music is powerful. It reflects perfectly the magnificence of the Master. It purifies the air and those whose ears it reaches. It holds the world together. It makes life meaningful and gives purpose to even those mundane experience. It takes the breath away.

When this music is played, no other music can be heard. It rests in the hearts of the hearers. There it grows and plays inside of those upon whom it rests. It changes the individual from the inside out. The glory of the Master musician begins to shine through the music that rests in these hearts.

I can't play the guitar very well but I can recognize a master when I hear one. I can relate to the difficulty of playing the instrument as the Master plays with ease. I know what beauty is. I know Jesus is the exact representation of God's being. I know Jesus is the radiance of God's glory.

Do you understand what I am saying?

No comments: