Search This Blog

Friday, January 29, 2010

There's Always An Upgrade

I have been using a personal computer for some time. I have stopped saying, “This is the only computer that I will ever need.” I have upgraded so many times I can’t remember the number of computers I have had.

I suppose I will be using computers twenty-five years from now. The processor will be running at 127 terra-gigga-mega-hertz. It will run on the Windows 13 (- do you think they’ll skip that number?) or on Apple Zebra Omega. Of course, it will all be voice or thought operated.

And, somewhere there will be nerds working on an upgrade for the next wave of computers!

It seems that anything mankind creates needs to be upgraded. I suppose you can say that mankind is also always in need of an upgrade. In fact, each of us always has room for improvement.

There are two ways of looking at this. We can always be critical of ourselves for what we lack or we can be glad for each new thing we have learned. It is important to know that we are making progress. We are not what we will be but, thank God, we are not what we were either!

Lots of people think they have arrived at their last upgrade. They haven’t. They are in terrible shape if they think that has or ever will happen. They are in for a huge disappointment for their whole life is made of days and days of upgrades.

Lots of people kick themselves for every mistake- and yes, every sin. They get down on themselves, put themselves down and think of themselves as failures. They don’t seem to see their improvements. They think they will someday reach perfection when they never sin or make mistakes. This isn’t healthy.

I am glad that God works on me. I am still sorry for my sins but I know that I haven’t lost any of the love of God because of them. I know that I am being changed or I wouldn’t even have noticed that I sinned. I repent and go on. I thank God that He is still working on me.

Today I receive another upgrade.

Philippians 1:6 (ESV)
6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.

 

No comments: