Search This Blog

Saturday, February 3, 2024

Your Hand in His Hand

 February 4, 2024

Sunday

Isaiah 41:10 (NASB 2020) 10 ‘Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will also help you, I will also uphold you with My righteous right hand.’

I never watched Survivor on tv. I didn’t feel like I needed to. A Baptist preacher can be voted off the island at any business meeting.

Someone I went to college with was fired from four Baptist churches. There were no moral issues. He just stressed following Christ and did not bow down  to the people who had been at the church for a long time. That will do it for in some churches.

I have not had that problem. Maybe I did bow down to some people. However, I know the ones to whom I didn’t. They celebrated my leaving. Honestly, it was a shock to find that most of my opposition came from people inside the church. I was naive to think it would come from outside.

Everyone faces adversity. It may be a boss who has something against you. It may be a neighbor who is determined to get you to sell your house. It may be a co-worker who throws you under the bus at every opportunity. It may be someone you supervise who only does what you tell them to do. These confrontations will strain your faith and the way you walk in your faith. 

Today, take a breath. Realize that you have nothing to fear because the Lord is right here.  Know that you are inadequate to take on those who oppose you. Know He will strengthen you if you will let Him. Rely on His had to hold you up. 

Meditate on this scripture. Read it so that you emphasize a new word each time you read it. Think what that says to you. Appreciate what that means to you. And relax. Many times we are fighting battles that the Lord wants to fight for us. Let Him work on the other people who oppose you.


Put a little praise in your life today. Praise God for being who He is. Praise Him for giving you His strength. Praise Him for holding you up. Revel in being His. He does all this because He loves you. That should be enough to make it through this day and beyond.

No comments: