Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 28, 2024

The Lord Is in This Day

 February 29, 2024

Thursday

As a student at Golden Gate Seminary I was tasked to keep a record of what I did all day. I recorded my quiet time and all the activities of the day. At the end, I was supposed to answer the question: "Where was God today?" Often, I didn't know.

It is easy for busy people to forget what their main objective is. I can't tell you how many times I have been thinking on a problem while I was driving and missed my exit. I can't tell you how many times I walked right passed people who needed me without noticing they were there. But how could I miss the Lord?

I wondered about that for a long time and later concluded that He was with me always but I was so concerned about the work I was doing that I didn't include Him. Even having a quiet time every day didn't keep me from forgetting the Lord. Today, I still keep a "to do" list. I must not let that list become my master. It should be a tool to keep me on track. I must always submit myself before the Lord in each item I must do.

Where will the Lord be today? He will be in all that I do if I remember to look for Him. He will be guiding, encouraging, correcting, warning and teaching me through these things I believe He wants from me.

Just as God equips me to be a pastor, He equips each of us to do whatever profession we have chosen. He expects us to make disciples regardless of the profession and He uses us to do so. It may be that your work will bring someone to know the Lord. It may be that you will be able to rescue someone who has strayed far from the Lord. Be assured, your work provides for your family. He is in that work.

So, don't get so busy that you miss the Lord today.

But the Lord answered and said to her, “Martha, Martha, you are worried and distracted by many things; but only one thing is necessary; for Mary has chosen the good part, which shall not be taken away from her.”” (Luke 10:41–42, NASB 2020)

No comments: