Search This Blog

Monday, February 12, 2024

You Will Not Be Shaken

 February 13, 2024

Tuesday

Psalm 16:8 (NASB 2020) 8 I have set the Lord continually before me; Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

I have been driving my wife to work for several weeks because of her shoulder surgery. She isn’t allowed to drive herself per doctor’s orders. Some mornings the car windows fog up from the inside soon after I clear the frost from the outside. Of course, I don’t like waiting for the defroster and take off before it is clear. But when the rising sun hits the windshield, I can’t see the road right in front of me. I must stop, wait a few minutes for the windshield to clear, then go on.

The Lord is always present. I do not cause Him to be with me. However, the Psalmist is saying he has set the Lord continually before himself. It isn’t that the Lord wasn’t always present. Each of us must clear out the place in front of us so that we can see Him. It is just as dangerous to go on with our lives without the Lord before us as to have a foggy windshield that won’t let us see the road ahead.

Most days, we don’t have anything that will shake us. The Psalmist says that he continually sets the Lord before himself. He doesn’t know when there will be something that will come to shake him. He is prepared for the shaking days before they arrive. And they will arrive someday.

The Lord is at his right hand. He is there to protect the Psalmist. He is there for us as we prepare our day with the Lord before us.

Neither you nor I know if today is a shaking day. We don’t know what it will bring even if we have some trepidation in what we expect for the day. So, now is the time to acknowledge the Lord who is with you. Now is the time to see Him. Now is the time to know His strength is with you.

And if today is a shaking day, you will be prepared. You will not be shaken.

No comments: