Search This Blog

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Where Does the Responsibility Lie?

Yesterday I heard that we the US debt had increased by $50 billion last month. The "news" report said that this was because of the "Bush era" tax cuts.

Let me see if I get this right. The problem of our debt is in the amount of money we are making rather in the amount of money we are spending. Doesn't that also mean that my problems with personal finances are caused by my employer and not by my overspending?

This understanding has solved a lot of my problems. I am going to start sending my credit card bills to my boss.  Heck, I'm going to send all of my bills to him. They are his problems. I, therefore, can spend whatever I like because I do not need to take any responsibility. Anytime I have financial problems I should protest, throw fits and demand my employer pony up more money. I have the right to demand he pay me more and more and more and . . . .

This attitude absolves me from all sin. God shouldn't have allowed sin in the world. He should never have let Satan come to tempt Adam and Eve. (No, it wasn't just Eve. Take a close look at the Bible. It says that Adam was there with Eve when she ate the fruit.) Its God's fault. He'll just have to take me to heaven even if I live like a son of hell.

Of course, that means my faithfulness to my wife is tied to how she treats me. She must meet my every want if she wants me to remain faithful. Its her fault if I stray. She should keep things flowing in such an abundance that I would never have never have a thought of being unfaithful.

Just think of the possibilities of this thinking! Nothing is ever your fault any more! You can drive like a maniac, just take the things you want off the store shelves and be as selfish as you could ever want to be.

O, once we all understand that it isn't our fault,  won't it be a wonderful world? It will be heaven!

No, I'm afraid it will more resemble hell than heaven. Hell will be full of people who did not own up to their sins and reach out to a savior who would save them.

Hell will be full of people who did things their way.

Proverbs 14:12 (NIV)
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death.

No comments: