Search This Blog

Friday, October 8, 2010

Created to Give God Glory Today

I have a lot to do today. I don't even need a todo list. I cannot escape these things. They are expected of me and if I will be negligent if I fail to produce them. However, I still have time to read my Bible and pray for a few minutes before I start.

This morning I was reading Isaiah 43:7 (" everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made.") and notice that there was a cross reference to Ephesians 2:10 ("For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."). I had never connected the two verses together though given the name of this blog, I certainly should have.

Putting the two together made me realize something about today's agenda. My todo list was prepared before the beginning of time so that I would give Him glory on this date.

Now, imagine that you have just stumbled into an ancient chamber on an archaeological dig. Inside the room you find that your name and the date you entered this chamber has been written in stone. It was prepared in ancient times but the writer knew you would appear on this date. It also says that you are the one who was created to give the Creator glory in all that you do. 

How careful would you be in proceeding? Would that give you a special sense of your worth and your work?

Please understand, this message is not just for me. It is for everyone who is called by His name. Everyone was created to give God glory. Everyone who is called by His name must do so.

This elevates today's agenda. It is not the day before the weekend any more. It is an extraordinary day. It is a day full of things that God prepared for all who are called by His name to give Him full glory in everything we do. It is a day that has to be handled carefully or the opportunities of the day will slip out of our hands. It is a day of dependence upon Him for strength and guidance.

Rather than continuing to blather about a day which is so important, I need to get about its business.

Today is a remarkable day. It is going to be glorious!

No comments: