Search This Blog

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Today I Trust in the Name of the Lord Our God

I have been fairly negative about the way things are going. I have almost given up on our country's recovery from moral decline. I have almost given up on getting control of the national debt. I have almost given up on an economic recovery. I have almost given up because I have forgotten that there is a strength beyond mankind that can turn things around.

I have been afraid and I have given in to my fears. I have assumed that nothing could be done when something must be done. I have looked at men and known they didn't have the nature nor the strength to do what needs to be done.

But no more. I will finally do what I know must be done. I will cast my fears upon Him because He wants them and He can do something with them. I will stop depending upon men (and women) to change things by themselves. I will not look to their strength or charisma to get these things done.

I will release my future to the understanding of one day. Each day will fill my life. I cannot live in tomorrows. Each day will have its own concerns. Each day will have its own opportunities. I will live in that day fully. I will no longer make plans for tomorrow without making sure things are right today.

I will truly believe that something better is coming because I have given my cares over to the Lord. I will seek Him and His kingdom and expect Him to provide my every need. I will take Him at His word. I will need no other proof.

Today I will see the opportunities that He has given me. I will recognize them as ways of teaching me, holding me accountable, causing me to give Him glory and making me into His likeness. I will not curse the inconveniences and hardships. Instead, I will notice how they have changed me.

My trust shall be in Him. Besides, worrying and believing in man for salvation has never worked.

Psalm 20:7 (NIV)  
7  Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.

No comments: