Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

He Holds On

The perfect Christian life is impossible. We are creations that have fallen short of His glory. We are not God. We aren't perfect. We have a provision for forgiveness because of our imperfection. Our responsibility is to seek that forgiveness. We do and we are cleansed from all unrighteousness.

There have been moments in my life that were pure worship. I cried and laughed for the joy of my salvation. I committed my life so that I would never turn back from the moment of this exultation. I told my God of my love for Him and promised to be His with every part of my being.

Yet, it is amazing how quickly I forget those moments. I jump in the calm stream of the world and soon find myself in the rapids of a raging river. I find myself going with the world rather than trying to swim against it. I see myself becoming like what I have told my Lord that I despise. He comes to me in my distress and pulls me back to the shore. I tell Him of my love for Him again. He forgives me.

I once told God that I wouldn't take me back if I were Him. I knew He would but I wanted to tell Him that I know that He has no obligation to put up with my sinfulness. I wanted Him to know that I am grateful.

I am grateful that He holds onto me no matter how hard I try to wiggle away from Him.

I am reminded of my own children whom I snatched up when they were about to get into trouble. Sometimes the trouble was dangerous for them. They would do everything they could to get away. They would wiggle as hard as possible. They would scream. I would not let them hurt themselves. I wasn't about to lose them.

I shouldn't be surprised that my Heavenly Father holds onto me even when I am wiggling to get loose. He allows me to scream at Him but He will not let go. He will not let go no matter how much trouble I get into. I can never be lost to Him.

People are always telling me of how far they are from God. They tell me that they can't come back to Him. I tell them that they may have left Him but He never left them. He is still holding on.

You are so precious to Him that He won't let anything take you out of His hand.

John 10:27-29 (NIV)
27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand.

No comments: