Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Something Great with God

 March 21, 2024

Thursday

Ask someone what happened at church this past Sunday and they might answer, "Nothing." Maybe that's because they didn't expect anything to happen. Maybe they weren't looking.

God is not only present. He is working right now. We can walk through the day without seeing Him. We can meet Him face-to-face and not recognize Him. Our minds are somewhere else.

It is as if we search for God only during crises. We tell Him to leave us alone on the good days. The consequence is that we don't notice what He is doing most of the time. We miss the opportunities to join Him. We miss the fellowship opportunities.

I went into the ministry thinking that I would do something great for God. I planned what I would do. None of it has come about because I was doing all the planning and didn't need God getting in the way of my plans. He was not amused. He has never wanted my works. He has always wanted me.

Many of us want to something great for God when all He wants us to do is join Him in what He is doing. That would be great. That means that we must abandon all the great things we will do for God and seek Him. It will mean there will be times of waiting to see what will be produced. The important work is joining Him. It is walking with Him. It isn't that we do great things for God. It's just that He is a great God.

That means that today we must open our eyes to seek God. We should pray that we will see Him work. We should make the commitment beforehand that we will join Him no matter what the cost. Greatness is not found in our recognition or even in our works. Greatness is found when God works. He invites us to join Him. God hasn't stopped working.

John 5:17 (NASB 2020) 17 But He answered them, “My Father is working until now, and I Myself am working.”

No comments: