Search This Blog

Thursday, March 7, 2024

Do I Really Have Time for a Quiet Time?

 March 8, 2024

Friday

I overslept this morning. I never oversleep. Of course, I can't really say I never oversleep because I just did. It threw me off my routine. I quickly got ready to ride my bicycle to work. I forgot my watch and cell phone. Now, I'm really going to have troubles. So, I go back home for them. I am late starting. I need to collect myself. I need to stop and take a breath. If I am not careful, I will not have a quiet time this morning because I have reasoned that I don't have time. I can turn a mistake into something much worse.

Each day things can happen that are not on all of our "to-do" list. These things must be evaluated, sometimes corrected and adjustments to the day must be made. The most important items that we must do still must be the most important items that we must do. I know this but in the hurry of being late, I may forget them.

I have made Philippians 3:10 my life verse:

Philippians 3:10 (NASB 2020) 10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death;

I want to know Christ. If this is true, I should let nothing get in the way of knowing Him. I must adjust my schedule so that I have the time set aside each day that I may acknowledge Him. Letting what I will do for Him is not as important as being with Him. I can't let my work be my worship. I must always see Him as my worship.

I cannot let time be my master. I cannot let others be my master. Ultimately, I must always allow my Master to be my Master. Each day I must remember this. Each day I must call Him Lord.

Jesus, Himself gave us a great example to follow. The scripture records:

Mark 1:35 (NASB 2020) 35 And in the early morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house, and went away to a secluded place, and prayed there for a time.

Jesus took time out of His busy schedule to seek His Father. The weight of the world was upon Him. His disciples would soon tell Him that everyone was looking for Him. However, He got away to have a quiet time.

Thus, I know I must keep the main thing the main thing. 

Make sure you have your quiet time too tomorrow and all the tomorrows you still have.

No comments: