Search This Blog

Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Light Will Always Shine in the Darkness

There are several mysteries in the universe that haven't been solved. Of course, that doesn't mean there are no theories which supposedly explain them.

I love to read books and magazines on science. I subscribe to a couple of scientific magazines which cause me to find the books and research where these magazine articles originated. I have been reading books on theoretical physics for the past couple of weeks. I must admit that I understand less than half of what I read but it appears that there is a theory for every unexplainable question. There are theories of multi-dimensions and parallel universes which solve equations which scientists could never solve without the creation of these theoretical possibilities. It was the only way to solve the math. Thus, they explained it with the creation of imaginary time and imaginary numbers. I have no idea if they are correct. I suspect that no one else really knows either.

Its strange to me that scientists who would normally use Occam's Razor to explain anything they observe go to such great lengths to avoid the easiest explanation. In the beginning God created all that there is. There was nothing before God. He is all that there ever was. He created time and all that is in the universe.

O, I realize that doesn't mean that there aren't P branes and String Theory and bozons and all the other stuff that these scientists are theorizing about but the most natural understanding is that the order in the universe was created by Someone. The scientists are able to discover this order because there was one who ordered it. He took chaos and made the cosmos.

In fact, it would help scientists to understand things this way. Otherwise, why should they expect to find a pattern at all? A chaotic universe would be a great argument for the absence of any god. Then again, who would be around to make the argument if the universe was really chaotic. Even the theories that rule out God wouldn't be possible. Even the theory of evolution requires an ordered universe.

Sometimes I think that mankind will someday leave all notion that there is a god. I fear they will theorize themselves to grand conclusions and find out too late how wrong they were. I am wrong about this. It isn't possible because the Creator is the light of mankind. He continues to shine in the darkness which does not believe in Him. This Light is always on. It never goes out so that it continues to irritate those who want to say the Light doesn't exist. So they try to get far away from the Light hoping that it will be dimmer because they have no success in putting out the Light.

This eternal Light gives me hope for mankind. It is always there to show mankind the way. Creation itself points toward this Creator. I have hope that many people will discover this. I have hope that mankind will someday come home to God.

And why not? God left the Light on for them.

John 1:1-5 (ESV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

3 comments:

high.expressions (Anthony Chia) said...

When I read this line of yours, “Sometimes I think that mankind will someday leave all notion that there is a god”, I thought I am going to correct that, but you were quick enough to say you were wrong. Indeed, that day will NOT come, that all of mankind leaves all notion that there is a god.

Yes, God left the Light on. I can think of one metaphorical example in Scripture, which I from time to time, refer to it. The pillar of light in the Exodus. If one chooses to run away from the light, he will be lost to the darkness of the desert. Before he can no longer see the light, he has better scan for the light, and move towards it, and come into it.

Jesus in John 8:12 said: “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

Anthony Chia, high.expressions

Created to Give God Glory said...

Anthony, your comments are outstanding!

high.expressions (Anthony Chia) said...

Ps Prentis, thank you for your kind words.


Anthony Chia