Search This Blog

Thursday, January 30, 2014

What You Can't Say; What You Must Say

We still live in a country that embraces censorship even though we claim to have free speech. You can use any type foul language and get away with it. No one seems to respect others when they use such language. They are free to speak no matter how offensive they are. You can even speak negatively about our Lord Jesus without a ripple of umbrage by the media or society.

But if you criticize certain politicians, certain social groups or even say something derogatory of certain soft drink products, you will be severely castigated and censored. Political, societal and commercial groups have learned the art of bullying by appealing to a culture which does not understand the difference between temporal preference and eternal value. People have become easily conformed into whatever image the world wants them to be because they do not have a strong foundation of values. Thus, their values change as the world declares they should change. People go along with it because they want to get along with others.

But this will not always be the case. All of us will see clearly one day. The Bible tells us that no matter who you are and what you believe today, you will kneel and confess Jesus. (However, realizing who He is does not account for salvation. Even the demons called Him the Son of God and they were not saved.)

Philippians 2:9-11 (ESV)
9 Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, 10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.


I taught public school over thirty years ago. There were times that I had to go to the office while I left the children working on their studies. Often, they would go wild while I was gone. They posted a look out who would warn them that I was coming. That is why I would go all the way around the school and come in by the back entrance. I would catch the look out and the students in the act of disrespecting me and the school. The students acted very repentant. I knew better. Of course, there were consequences.

I wonder if many in the world are thinking that they will have some great warning before the Lord returns. I wonder if they think that the appearance of repentance will get them off the hook. No, on second thought, I don't think they believe He is returning at all.

But there will come a day when they will realize who He is and confess Him. They all will bow their knees.

But I am not waiting for that day. Today I bow my knees before my Lord Jesus. I declare who He is to me. He is the Messiah, my Savior, the One who died for me. He is the Son of God, the creator of the universe and the sacrifice of God for me. I am His; totally and without reservation. I say it and I do it.

Maybe the world will say that I can't write this publicly in a blog someday. I suppose they can bully others to say what they want or keep them from saying what they don't want.

I know I must continue saying it.

No comments: