Search This Blog

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Love Never Fails

Love is an emotion that we have some control over. It also seems to be an entity all to itself.

It reminds me of an infection. If I am around it enough, if my resistance is not strong and if I open myself up to it, I will catch this thing called love. It permeates all my reasoning. It changes my desires. It makes work seem like play. It makes giving a privilege. It is the most powerful substance for changing the world. It changes the hearts of those who catch it.

Love at its apex is unstoppable. It will not quit. It will not fail. It continues until there is no more breath. It inhabits those who have it and moves them with their knowledge yet changes their will. 

Love is a mystery. While people have no doubt that it exists, they can only show the evidences of its presence. They can point to the caress, the gift, the act of service, the time spent together and the words which have lifted their hearts and say this was love but it is really only the evidence of love. Love cannot be detected with the natural senses humans possess. 

The Bible says, "God is love." That makes a lot of sense. I can't see Him either yet I know He exists. I say that I know because I feel it through faith. Is that so much different from saying that I know love because I feel it?

1 Corinthians 13 is God's love. It defines His love toward us. Nothing will separate us from this love. Nothing will stop Him from loving us.

His love should be in those who love Him. Our fallen nature sometimes causes our love to fail but His love never does. Our love returns when we come to Him. He is love.

That's why love never fails.

1 Corinthians 13:8 (NIV)
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it