Search This Blog

Friday, September 27, 2024

Unexpected Blessings

 September 28, 2024

Saturday

When we speak of knowing and doing God's will or finding your purpose in life, we act as if we can predict all that will happen to us. We may even tell people that they need to stick with their purpose or God's will and not be distracted by anything else. Yet, this is exactly what God does to bring us even closer to Him. He is not seeing how we will react. Truthfully, there is no one answer why these things happen. We generally don't know why until it is all over.

As I write this, I am in Texas to do a funeral service. I didn't know I was going to do this until yesterday. I am doing it because Karen't aunt passed away and the family wanted someone who knew her to do the funeral. She was 92 and the pastor that knew her well is 90. So, it was either someone who really didn't know her or me. Naturally, I agreed. It is a very long way from Virginia Beach to Midland, TX. So, I am here for about 55 hours. Is God in this? I must believe that He is.

What will happen? I don't know. I need to be aware of a couple of things. I need to know that I am always on call to do what God wants me to do. I need to understand that if He is in this, it must be done in His power. 

This is not only my story. It is the story of everyone who walks with the Lord. Those who don't can't recognize that God is working because they aren't working with God. Walking with God is exciting. It is what we do day by day with God. Why would anyone want to live their lives for themselves when they could have a much more exciting meaningful life walking with God?

Christianity is the dullest faith in the world for those who are self-centered Christians. You just don't want to be one of those.

Psalm 84:11–12 (ESV) 11 For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor. No good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly. 12 Lord of hosts, blessed is the one who trusts in you!


No comments: