Search This Blog

Thursday, April 4, 2024

The Testimony of a Life Lived in the Spirit

 April 5, 2024

Friday

Have you ever noticed that it some people don't seem to catch Christianity? They made a profession of faith some time in their past but they just don't get it. They don't know very much about the Bible. They aren't very active in church even though they attend most Christmases and Easters. They want their children to be baptized. Yet, their lives don't show much interest in Christ or what He is doing in the world.

To tell you the truth, I was like this one time. I didn't go to church even though I could point to the moment of my salvation. I could tell you very little of the Bible and could be led into any heresy that said Jesus or had a cross as it's symbol. One day I realized that if this is all true, I had better be committed to it. Otherwise, I would live a secular life that would never account for much.

Now, I am constantly running into people who are exactly like I was. They don't seem to care that they are AWOL when it comes to Christ's service. I want to tell them how much they are missing but its seems like telling a blind person about the color red. I can't relate them to what the experience is like. They only know what they have seen and they aren't very impressed. Some of these people will tell me of something that was meaningful to them years ago. They seem to be living off of that experience. I wonder if they know they are saved or not.

This is not to be critical of these people for, remember, I was one of them at one time. I just want them to know Jesus like I know Jesus. It is not my place to judge them. It is my place to encourage them deeper in the faith. The writer of Hebrews says that people like this have become dull of hearing. That's what happens when the Spirit speaks and the hearer quenches the Spirit again and again. Eventually, he can't hear any more. How do you speak to someone who can't hear you?

I guess I must live my life full of the Spirit to give them an example of what they are missing. I know I have feet of clay and often fail but I just need to get up and keep trying.

People that can't hear our gospel should be able to see it. That is, if we will live it out.

Hebrews 5:11 (NASB 2020)11 Concerning him we have much to say, and it is difficult to explain, since you have become poor listeners.


No comments: