Search This Blog

Monday, May 6, 2024

Do I Blame God or Praise Satan When Bad Things Happen?

 May 7, 2024

Tuesday

There is no guarantee from God that this day will be a great day.  Everything can go wrong even if you have done everything you can to walk with God humbly. But when things go wrong when you haven't been wrong, do we try to make it fit into God's will?

This is not the first blog I wrote for today. I had one that was rather long that explained how people who had been in Bible-believing churches would follow after false prophets. While I was writing it the power blinked. The blog came back up on my screen so I continued writing for another half hour.  I set it to be published and it disappeared though everything looked right before I clicked the publish button.

Should I assume that God did not want me to publish that blog? It gave six ways that false prophets lure people into their preaching. It said that they were servants of Satan. Could God have some reason that this wasn't to be published? Was losing this blog good? Do I need to recite Romans 8:28 so that I can shrug off the hour spent writing the blog?

Romans 8:28 (NASB 2020) 28 And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Is it reasonable to say that everything bad has a purpose allowed by God? This question stops short of saying that God caused the bad thing to happen. Saying that God causes all things, even the bad ones, will leave you with a bad God rather than a good God.

On the other hand, since the blog was an attack on Satan, his servants and his tactics, should I assume that he was the one who caused the power blink that ultimately lost the blog? Surely, the Lord gave Satan permission to attack Job. (I am not saying what happened to me has any measure of what happened to Job. I am just saying that Satan has been given permission to attack those who are walking with God.) Job lost his children, his livestock and his health. Satan controlled the wind and fire from heaven. He influenced the hostile people around Job to attack. He made Job miserably sick.

Jesus said that Satan had obtained permission to sift Peter like wheat. Peter would deny Jesus vehemently within hours of Jesus' declaration. Do we blame that on Satan, God or Peter himself?

No, I don't think that I need to invoke Romans 8:28 to explain the loss of the blog. I, also, do not need to give Satan any credit for its loss either. This world is just what this world is. It allows the natural things in the world to happen. God can intervene but most of the time He allows the natural laws He put in place to function as He designed them. Thus, planes often fall when their engines stop, injuries to the heart most often end in death and overspending results in debt.

Matthew 5:45 (NASB 2020) 45 so that you may prove yourselves to be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

To think that every moment is a volitional act of God is blaming God. To think that every bad moment is a volitional act of Satan is praising Satan. I must act responsibly. I must walk with God. I must do what is right. However, even all of these things will not assure me of a harmonious day.

So, today may have some glitches. Don't blame God or praise Satan. Pick yourself up and start all over again. 

Maybe this was a better blog anyway.


No comments: