Search This Blog

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Am I a Fool?

Am I a fool? I must admit that I fit the description.

Last year I rode in the MS Bike Ride on Virginia's Eastern shore. The ride has various lengths. I participated in a one day sixty mile ride. I had not spent one minute training. I aired up the tires, put the bike on the back of the car and drove to the ride. I got there a little late and rode as hard as I could to get into the middle of the pack. I passed everyone for thirty miles. I tried to keep up the next thirty miles. My legs cramped. Everyone who approached passed me. I barely made it in.

I promised myself that I would train. I was going to get in shape for such a ride.

Yesterday, I aired up my tires. This morning I put the bike on the back of the car and drove to the ride. That was the extent of my training. Do I need to say that I am in a world of pain right now?

I did exactly what I said I wouldn't do. I repeated what I said I wouldn't do. I sure have acted like a fool.

Here is a novel idea to end much of our problems: Stop doing the wrong things and start doing the right things. Learn from your mistakes. Take action so that you don't repeat them.

How hard is that?

I've got to stop now. I have a cramp in my leg.


Proverbs 26:11 (ESV)
11 Like a dog that returns to his vomit is a fool who repeats his folly.

No comments: