Search This Blog

Thursday, December 4, 2014

The Sky Is NOT Falling

Exodus 16:2-3 (ESV)
2 And the whole congregation of the people of Israel grumbled against Moses and Aaron in the wilderness, 3 and the people of Israel said to them, “Would that we had died by the hand of the Lord in the land of Egypt, when we sat by the meat pots and ate bread to the full, for you have brought us out into this wilderness to kill this whole assembly with hunger.”

I heard the story of a man traveling with his small son through Amish country. The boy was fascinated as they carefully passed one horse and buggy carriage after another. Finally, he asked his dad why they refused to ride in cars.

"Well, son," The man replied, "They just don't believe in cars."

The boy was perplexed. He asked, "Can't they see them?"

Some people will never understand that God is for them. They will never understand God's provision. They will never understand God's love. They may go to church and read every Bible story which should reveal this to them but they fail to see God's provision in their lives. They may serve but do so as one would naturally serve a cause. Their volunteerism demands that they are recognized. Their faith is always natural and never supernatural. They claim to believe in a God in whom they can place their faith but do not believe He will do anything.

Strangely, they do not remember the times when God has worked. Maybe they think that all that has happened to them is random occurances. Maybe they believe in some sort of karma. They are just as worried and negative as those who have had no encounters with God. They believe the sky is falling and all is doomed every time something bad happens.

Let me tell you what I believe. I don't believe the sky is falling. I believe that the God who would lead people by miracles out of oppression is going to lead people miraculously to their promised land. I believe that God is greater than any problem and has the provision for anything that appears to be a deficit. I believe that the future is going to be much better than the past if I will simply lay myself on God's altar. I believe that any defeat is far from final and that its not over even in death.

Truthfully, I am tired of being around people who tell me that the sky is falling. They don't know that God holds up the sky. Who or what is able to overcome Him?

No comments: